G4S is looking for Duty Agents for the Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) of our customer, providing emergency assistance to people hit by a disaster (man-made or natural). The assistance can be humanitarian aid or civil protection. The emergencies around the world are monitored and the actions are coordinated in this Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC).
As a duty agent you will ensure real-time incident monitoring and effective and coherent EU response to natural and man-made disasters anywhere in the world at any time.
- Proximity support at the Commission's premises on a 24/7 basis.
- Participate in the 24/7 on-duty system of the ERCC.
- Support the ERCC's emergency management functions, namely
o maintaining a high level of situational awareness (e.g. making use of early warning and disaster monitoring tools as well as information gathering, analysis and dissemination);
o contributing to the ERCC coordination function (e.g. operating with specific communication platforms and databases, organizing and participating in meetings and vide/teleconferences, operational and administrative tasks to facilitate the deployment of capabilities and experts in case of disasters);
o information management (e.g. following and complying with specific information archiving structure, contact lists, various web-based applications);
- Draft technical content for knowledge database.
- Document operational support procedures.
- Administration and problem fixing of local environment (e.g . ERCC monitoring and alert systems, ERCC communication equipment, including video-walls, Common Emergency Communication and Information System, monitoring screens...).
- Advise in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, IT service continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks, security.
- Participation in coordination and project meetings related to civil protection and humanitarian aid.