G4S is looking for a Sector Analyst for the Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) of our customer, providing emergency assistance to people hit by a disaster (man-made or natural). The assistance can be humanitarian aid or civil protection. The emergencies around the world are monitored and the actions are coordinated in this Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC).
A Sector Analyst will provide rapid situational awareness and analysis, including by using early-warning tools and scientific data on natural disasters, assessing satellite images and maps as well as by providing situational maps to prepare for and facilitate the emergency operations through the Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC).
- Produce situation assessment in the aftermath of a disaster to be included in the deployment plan
- Gather, select and analyse information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including the press.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of events relating to political issues, in general, and in particular as they affect the thematic mandates (men made and natural crisis).
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of humanitarian and emergency response.
- Contribute to the development of guidance materials, fact sheet and other material.
- Monitor actions taken by intergovernmental groups, UN organisations, government and non-governmental organizations.
- Perform other related duties as required.