G4S is looking for Senior Duty Agents for the Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) of our customer, providing emergency assistance to people hit by a disaster (man-made or natural). The assistance can be humanitarian aid or civil protection. The emergencies around the world are monitored and the actions are coordinated in this Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC).
As a senior duty agent you will ensure real-time incident monitoring and effective and coherent EU response to natural and man-made disasters anywhere in the world at any time.
Participate in the 24/7 on-duty system of the ERCC.
- Support the ERCC's emergency management functions, in particular :
o maintaining a high level of situational awareness (e.g. making use of early warning and disaster monitoring tools as well as information gathering, analysis and dissemination).
o contributing to the ERCC coordination function (e.g. operating with specific communication platforms and databases, organizing and participating to meetings and vide/teleconferences, operational and administrative tasks to facilitate the deployment of capabilities and experts in case of disasters).
o information management (e.g. following and complying with specific info archiving structure, contact lists, various web-based applications).
- Proximity support at the Commission's premises on a 24/7 basis (intra-muros).
- Draft technical content for knowledge database.
- Document operational support procedures.
- Administration and problem fixing of local environment (e.g . ERCC monitoring and alert systems, ERCC communication equipment, including video-walls, Common Emergency Communication and Information System (CECIS), monitoring screens...).
- Advise in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, business continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks.
- Participation in coordination and project meetings.
- Manage complex files while in normal working hours requiring conceptual work, analysis and problem solving, making use and integrating expert knowledge and specific expertise.
- Conception and writing user documentation for CECIS and activities in relation with the ERCC (activation of the Union Civil Protection Mechanism, process of deploying expert teams, procedure for transport support…).
- Conception and provision of training courses and activities in relation with the ERCC (activation of the Union Civil Protection Mechanism, process of deploying expert teams, procedure for transport support …).